The truth is…
- I’ve been in a funk and not my usual happy self. I’m not going to start using you guys as my therapist and boo-hoo about anything, but it is what it is and I’m working through it. I actually have a whole program I’ve worked out for myself to get out of the funk and am doing it, so I hope to let you know soon if it worked and how I did it!
- I have gained a lot of weight. Hello, my name is Veronica…and I’m an emotional eater. I feel a cleansing coming on because I pretty much can’t stand myself any more!
- Oh yeah, my hubby didn’t get that 911 call taker job! I forgot I never updated you on that. We thought he had it in the bag, but the old adage, “don’t put all your eggs in one basket,” comes to mind. We are not worried, he got severance pay from his last job and if he can’t get another job right away, he can get up to 6 months unemployment if he needs it. Though we’d really prefer an amazing job right away if you feel like praying for him! :)
- My hubby and I are going out of town on a sort of staycation an hour and a half from home, to stay with his ‘rents and check out the sights in good old Abilene, KS. (Don’t scoff, it may only take 5 minutes to drive through Abilene (we timed it), but they pack quite a tourist punch!) So this is likely the last blog from me for a week or so but try not to have too much fun in my absence. ;) I will definitely return with lots of pictures to share.
- I’m so glad to have this creative outlet and I’m so glad that you’re here to share in it! I so appreciate your comments and appreciate those who read silently as well–I’m not omniscient but my statistics let me know you’re there. :) I usually convince myself that I only keep this blog for my own benefit, but if there wasn’t anyone reading, I know I wouldn’t have enough motivation to continue, despite my amazing threshhold for selfish endeavors. You guys make it fun, and you are why I do it if I’m completely honest with myself. Thank you for all your recipe reviews, comments, and encouragement. Thanks for reading and putting up with me, and hopefully enjoying some of my craziness.
See you again very soon!
P.S. So that you don’t feel recipe-deprived in my absence, how about checking out these oldies but goodies in the mean time:
This vegetable appetizer pizza is SO good, I bring it to at least one party a year. I’m bringing it to one tomorrow, in fact!
I’m bringing two plum pies to a Mother’s Day picnic. This pie is so easy and so good! By the way, the plate in this picture belongs to my Mother-in-Law, whose own Mother-in-Law passed it on to her. So I’m kinda hopin’ she’ll stick to the theme and I’ll inherit it some day. Isn’t is gorgeous?
And of course, I’m making a double batch of dilly cucumber salad because I need enough for both parties. It’s the perfect summer side dish, so light and refreshing!
And while I’m not making this Italian cornmeal-crusted white fish over the weekend, it is a favorite, and elegant enough to serve Mom on Mother’s Day!
God bless you all, especially the mothers out there. What would we do without you? Happy Mother’s Day!