OK, so maybe my blog title is less than a year old, but this blog (originally Recipe Rhapsody) is now two years old! Last year at this time I did a top ten for both your favorites and mine, and I thought it would be fun to do it again, this time just looking at the past year.
First, here are your favorites, based on the number of views this year.
10. Cherry Cordials (Chocolate-Covered Cherries). I first made these for Dennis for Valentine’s Day two years ago, and I repeated the gift this year since he liked it so well. Homemade candy is so much better than store-bought!
9. Chicken Ranch Tacos. Such a simple and tasty meal!
8. Sunflower Peeps Cake & Fudge Frosting Recipe. I love this idea for an Easter cake-it’s so cute!
7. Soft Caramels. LOVE these. So good, and fairly easy to make. This photo was the first that Foodgawker ever accepted from me and I remember how excited I was! They haven’t accepted many since and I’ve finally given up (for now). I haven’t sumbitted anything for almost a year! I’ll try again when I get a better camera.
6. THE Mocha Crunch Cake. My favorite cake!
5. Green Chile Chicken & Lime Soup. This is one of my all-time favorite soups, and I’m glad you like it too!
4. Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies. These babies won me first place in the “refrigerator cookies” class in last year’s fair and although they are pretty involved for a cookie, they are so worth the effort! FYI: the sour cream sugar cookie dough in this recipe also won me second place in the sugar cookies class!
3. Cookies ‘n Cream Cake. Oh, how I hate Oreos (yeah, I’m a freak), but oh, how I love this cake. It is just incredible, and so easy.
2. Cupcake Bites. They are pretty exciting aren’t they? I think so too. :)
1. For the second year in a row, Cake Pops earns top ranking with you guys! This cake pops post is responsible for a third of my total views, which blows my mind. When I posted this tutorial, I had no idea it would become so popular.
Ready for my top ten? Here we go, my favorites from the past year.
Favorite Beverage: Cold-Brewed Iced Coffee
Favorite breakfast: Cornmeal Griddle Cakes
Favorite bread: Lighter Northern Cornbread
Favorite side dish: Dilly Cucumber Salad
Favorite main dish recipe: Cheeseburger Pie
Favorite vegetarian recipe: Corn, Avocado & Black Bean Tostadas
Favorite “diet friendly” dish: Garlic Chicken & Bacon Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Favorite dessert: Chocolate Sheet Cake
Favorite non-food post: Life with Dennis Miller
Favorite video: The Happy Cake Maker OK, I cheated, this is an old one but still my favorite! (Click the link, not the picture, if you’d like to watch.)
Update: the giveaway below is now closed. Congrats to Rani!!
If you made it all the way to the end of this post, I’m going to make it worth your stamina! :) In celebration of my second blogoversary, I’m giving away a $50 Amazon gift card. To enter to win the gift card, just leave a comment telling me what your favorite post was, or what you would like to see on my blog in the future. Comments that don’t include this won’t be counted for the drawing. Giveaway is open until Thursday, November 17, 2011, at 10 PM CST. I will draw a winner using random.org and announce the winner on Friday. Good luck!
Thank you for reading! You make this little hobby of mine so much more fulfilling! :)