Advertisements

Thankful Thursdays #30

I made a thanksgiving resolution to find something to be thankful for every day until next Thanksgiving.  Here’s what I am thankful for this week!

Thursday: More friends with benefits.  This time I’m thankful for Steve and Carol, who have chickens and go deer hunting.  We buy eggs from them and more recently got a big haul of ground venison and venison sausage from them.  For dinner on Thursday, I made more Green Chile & Cream Cheese Burgers with the venison and it was fabulous. I was nervous to try it but I couldn’t tell the difference between it and beef, except it was even better.  Any time I can get meat that didn’t suffer in a CAFO so that I can eat, I’m a happy girl.

I've got my green eggs, now all I need is some ham! :)

Friday: The $20 my parents-in-law sent with our anniversary card. We used it to have dinner out at Ghengis Grill, one of our favorite restaurants.

Saturday: My Aunt Ruby came out of her open-heart surgery with flying colors.  We visited her on Saturday, and while she was very sore and weak, she was doing very well for having just gone through such a serious surgery.

Photo taken by Ruby’s daughter-in-law, Racine, pre-surgery.

Sunday: For my Fathers.  My human father, and my Father in heaven, both of whom I love dearly, and I’m blessed to have their love in return.  This is one of my favorite pics of Dad and me (the love oozes forth!):

Monday:  Goodwill, baby!  I was able to get my mother and myself some much-needed clothing on the cheap and picked up a couple stuffed animals for my itty bitty sweetie for 75 cents each.  Jessie (who actually isn’t itty bitty at all, but I don’t care, she’s still my itty bitty) loves stuffed animals, especially if they are used because she loves investigating the new smells with her snout.

Tuesday: For a little ego-deflating.  I needed it, because I was starting to get cocky, thinking I was going to ace this upcoming test at work because I have been cramming for it, even going so far as to print out a list of commonly unknown or misunderstood words and study them on my breaks at work.  Then I timed myself doing the type of math problems that will be on the test (I made them up) and I totally sucked.  I can do the math, but I need to go 50% faster (this is a timed test).  The test is on Saturday, so at least I know what I need to focus on every day until then!

I timed myself for eight minutes, the amount of time we will get for the math section, and I was only half done when the timer went off.

I know it looks like a lot of chaos, but these doodles got me 100% correct answers the first time through (I checked them with a calculator).  That’s the silver lining!

Wednesday: The library.  Without it, I do not think I would love my job as much as I do!  I am able to listen to audiobooks while I work, and I can do it for free thanks to the library, where I check them out.  Today I picked up The Sentry by Robert Crais, and Divine by Karen Kingsbury.

I just realized I don’t think I’ve ever really described my job so if anyone is interested in the kind of work I do, you can click here to find out.

Advertisements

1. What a lovely post. I think grateful people are the best people to be around.

2. jaclyn Norris-Hutter

I am about to start the Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury (as soon as I finish The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers)

and

3. jaclyn Norris-Hutter

also I have a friend (Stephanie) who owns a ranch in Andover…if you are looking to buy local…I am pretty sure she sells cheese,meat and milk..she is branching out to eggs soon believe.

4. That Math is giving me a nervous feeling–just looking at it, yes!
    Also, I am a fellow Goodwill lover. Anything thrift, and I am THERE. I love the search, I love the low cost–it’s awesome.

5. Glad your Aunt is doing well! I had to laugh because I buy our dog Ed stuffed toys at Goodwill all the time – our bin they cost .50 cents each. He will play with them and love them from anywhere to a day to weeks, and then one day we’ll wake up and all the stuffing will be pulled out.

Right now I think he has about 50+ stuffed animal carcasses in his cage – its too funny to see! I’ll have to take a picture and email it to you! :D

6. I wish you tons of luck for the upcoming maths test!! You go girl!

7. Hi Veronica,
    Girl, I just love Venison burger! I would chose that over beef any day! I am glad your aunt made it through her surgery. I am not very good at math either, but I can make a nice pan of homemade biscuits!! :) I am glad you aced the test !! :)

8. You can’t see me, but I’m totally bowing in praise to you. I HATE math and just looking at it makes me go into a cold sweat. Math has kept me from many a fine career. I have just never been able to get it. So hats off to you my friend.
    Everyone loved the cinnamon roll sugar cookies I made by the way. That recipe has already been tucked into my big, pink recipe book.

9. I can’t wait to hear how you do on the test! 8 minutes, boy, I’m not sure I could go much faster by hand. With the exception of #15, I wouldn’t be able to do any of those in my head, I’d have a doodle sheet just like yours. I wish you well!

Love that picture of your dad and you. Isn’t it funny how you can immediately tell when a picture is like 30 years old? Just by the lighting, hair styles, clothes or whatever.

10. So much to be thankful for! I love it. I am also super thankful for libraries. I FINALLY got my NYC library card last week and I can’t wait to use it!

11. The picture of you and your Dad is precious. I’m also a fan of Goodwill, it’s just that it’s in the next city and I don’t get there often enough. When I do, I can spend hours in there…lol! I love my library too, though since I bought my kindle I haven’t been there much. Now, I am always searching for websites that have free kindle books. I only bought one book (the one you recommened) so far and I’ve had it about 4 months :) Good luck on your test!! I’m sure you will do fine :)

12. Pingback: Thankful Thursdays #33: a good score « Veronica's Cornucopia