I have been racking up blog awards for over a year, and I’m ready to pass them on and share the love!
Last May, my buddy Kim from Foodin’ Life in New England passed on three awards to me all at once (thanks, Kim, you rock!) I copied the rules accompanying each award and will (sort of) comply at the end.
1. Add the logo into your blog.
2. Add the link of the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs. (Feel free to do more!)
4. Add those links to your blog.
5. And leave a message to your nominees that you have awarded them in their blog!
1. List 5 things that make you happy.
2. Try to do at least one thing on the list today.
3. List 5 bloggers who brighten your day. Pass it on to five friends. (Please let them know they received the awards with a comment or email).
4. Those of you to whom I give this award are to link back to my blog and perpetuate the happy with your own lists and recipients and whatnot.
1. Copy the award image into a post
2. Then list 10 things that make you happy
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day
4. Put in a link to their blogs
5. Notify the award receivers
6. Award recipients link back to sender’s blog
I was reminded of these awards when I recently received one from Christina of It’s a Greyt Vegan Life. I made her white chocolate, she made my caramel corn, and we lived happily ever after.
By accepting this award, I agree to link back to the award-giver, share 7 things about myself and pass the award on to 15 newly discovered bloggers.
And last but not least, I received one from Holly of My Blogject for being a versatile blogger. Very cool, since I so recently changed my blog to include more than just recipes. Thank you, Holly! As part of the process of receiving this award you are to a) share seven things about yourself that otherwise would not be known and b) pass the award on to seven of your most favorite bloggers who you want to award.
First, instead of making lists about myself for each award, I’m arbitrarily going to list 5 random things about myself.
1. I invented a game called “slave driver” when I was a kid, in which I was the slave driver, and my sisters were the slaves. I had them do all the chores, including my portion, and whipped them with a belt to make them go faster. They loved it and thought it was hilarious. Win-win.
2. The worst things I’ve ever done in my life, I did to my sisters (letting one take the blame and punishment for something I did, and taking out my anger toward someone else on the other sister, hurting her so badly that I made her cry. And she never cried.). Although my sisters probably don’t remember them, they are things I don’t think I can ever forgive myself for, and hope that when God tells us that we must forgive our brother, that alone is good enough and I don’t have to forgive myself too.
3. I like to eat snow peas and green beans raw as snacks, and prefer veggies over fruit any time.
4. I love worshipping God outdoors. Something about being out in His creation while reading scripture, praying, and/or singing hymns makes me feel even closer to Him and is my favorite thing in the whole world.
5. I can’t eat eggs unless I know for a fact that they came from happy chickens. I buy mine from a friend who raises them in her backyard. I have a hard time eating meat from the store for the same reason, and prefer buying local bison & chicken. The same friend with the chickens recently traded me 7 pounds of venison she and her husband hunted for a red velvet cake. Score! I’ll happily eat Bambi if I know he lived a natural and happy life before he died.
Second, I’m going to cheat again in an effort to simplify things, and pass each award onto two bloggers.
Reading Jenna’s Everything Blog and Joanne’s Eats Well With Others blog always leaves a huge smile on my face (these women have incredible senses of humor!), so I’m giving the Happiness 101 award to you!
And last but not least, two of the versatile blogs that I enjoy are My Bizzy Kitchen and Loser For Life, where both women document their meals and everyday lives during their weight loss journey, and also share their fabulous recipes!