I have been racking up blog awards for over a year, and I’m ready to pass them on and share the love!
Last May, my buddy Kim from Foodin’ Life in New England passed on three awards to me all at once (thanks, Kim, you rock!) I copied the rules accompanying each award and will (sort of) comply at the end.
1. Add the logo into your blog.
2. Add the link of the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs. (Feel free to do more!)
4. Add those links to your blog.
5. And leave a message to your nominees that you have awarded them in their blog!
1. List 5 things that make you happy.
2. Try to do at least one thing on the list today.
3. List 5 bloggers who brighten your day. Pass it on to five friends. (Please let them know they received the awards with a comment or email).
4. Those of you to whom I give this award are to link back to my blog and perpetuate the happy with your own lists and recipients and whatnot.
1. Copy the award image into a post
2. Then list 10 things that make you happy
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day
4. Put in a link to their blogs
5. Notify the award receivers
6. Award recipients link back to sender’s blog
I was reminded of these awards when I recently received one from Christina of It’s a Greyt Vegan Life. I made her white chocolate, she made my caramel corn, and we lived happily ever after.
By accepting this award, I agree to link back to the award-giver, share 7 things about myself and pass the award on to 15 newly discovered bloggers.
And last but not least, I received one from Holly of My Blogject for being a versatile blogger. Very cool, since I so recently changed my blog to include more than just recipes. Thank you, Holly! As part of the process of receiving this award you are to a) share seven things about yourself that otherwise would not be known and b) pass the award on to seven of your most favorite bloggers who you want to award.
First, instead of making lists about myself for each award, I’m arbitrarily going to list 5 random things about myself.
1. I invented a game called “slave driver” when I was a kid, in which I was the slave driver, and my sisters were the slaves. I had them do all the chores, including my portion, and whipped them with a belt to make them go faster. They loved it and thought it was hilarious. Win-win.
2. The worst things I’ve ever done in my life, I did to my sisters (letting one take the blame and punishment for something I did, and taking out my anger toward someone else on the other sister, hurting her so badly that I made her cry. And she never cried.). Although my sisters probably don’t remember them, they are things I don’t think I can ever forgive myself for, and hope that when God tells us that we must forgive our brother, that alone is good enough and I don’t have to forgive myself too.
3. I like to eat snow peas and green beans raw as snacks, and prefer veggies over fruit any time.
4. I love worshipping God outdoors. Something about being out in His creation while reading scripture, praying, and/or singing hymns makes me feel even closer to Him and is my favorite thing in the whole world.
5. I can’t eat eggs unless I know for a fact that they came from happy chickens. I buy mine from a friend who raises them in her backyard. I have a hard time eating meat from the store for the same reason, and prefer buying local bison & chicken. The same friend with the chickens recently traded me 7 pounds of venison she and her husband hunted for a red velvet cake. Score! I’ll happily eat Bambi if I know he lived a natural and happy life before he died.
Second, I’m going to cheat again in an effort to simplify things, and pass each award onto two bloggers.
I love Chocolate Covered Katie‘s blog and Lauren’s Keep it Sweet blog, so I’m bestowing the “I <3 Your Blog” award to you!
I love to chat with Debbi (Debbi Does Dieting & Debbi Does Dinner Healthy) and Ali (Jam Hands) through comments and emails, so you guys are getting “The Circle of Friends” award!
Reading Jenna’s Everything Blog and Joanne’s Eats Well With Others blog always leaves a huge smile on my face (these women have incredible senses of humor!), so I’m giving the Happiness 101 award to you!
I find Faith’s An Edible Mosaic and Laura’s The Cooking Photographer to be absolutely lovely blogs, a visual smorgasbord, so you get the “One Lovely Blog” award.
And last but not least, two of the versatile blogs that I enjoy are My Bizzy Kitchen and Loser For Life, where both women document their meals and everyday lives during their weight loss journey, and also share their fabulous recipes!
Have you heard of the madebynichole.blogspot.com ? I don’t like her arts and crafts that much bc it’s all very macabre but I love her recipes!! here is a recent one!
No, I’d never heard of her but those doughnuts look amazing! I was looking through her 52 cakes project and drooooling. For a second, I thought I should join the fun and do a cake a week…then I remembered I’m trying to lose weight and that would definitely create a bigger challenge than I’m already faced with. BWAH!
:) You are very welcome and you deserve every one! I am in the process of changing over to WordPress. I think i left my link on your last post???
It’ will be here i think anyway…
I did see your comment saying you were on WordPress, but I just thought you meant you had an account, not that you were using it to blog! I will check it out when I get home from work. Are you not using your other one any more?
Like you?? We LOVE you! You make the best looking decadent treats ever! I so wish I was your neighbor so I could be your taste tester! Although, I’d have to then change my blog name to “Gainer For Life” ;)
Thank you for passing on the award to me! I really appreciate it!!
Bwahahahaha! Thanks, Marisa, you rock.
Thanks Veronica! Reading your blog also leaves a smile on my face, whaddya know. =)
And a word to the wise–forgive yourself! It’s not a matter of whether you deserve to forgive yourself or not (from a certain viewpoint, nobody deserves it)–it’s a matter of grace, and claiming the full benefits of the cross. If you let yourself be a slave to guilt, a) it’s not fun, b) ‘It is for freedom that Christ has freed you’, c) It doesn’t actually do any good. Sorry–I’m going through a study called ‘Breaking Free’ and it’s all about how Satan’s goal is to make the free captive, and Jesus’s goal is to make the captive free. So I’m a little passionate about the whole ‘freedom’ thing right now. =)
Thank you, love it! I don’t go around with my head hung low for these offenses, I rarely think of them, but when I do it hurts. Perhaps I have forgiven myself, as I def don’t feel a slave to guilt about it, but I don’t want to ever forget how I wronged them.
Wow, I just re-read my comment from this morning and it’s sounding rather . . . preachy. =) Anyway, it came from a place of love. You rock!
hahaha, that’s cool, girl, I appreciated it. Preach on, sister!
Such fun awards, and a huge congrats to you Veronica! (And I love the sound of that “slave driver” game, lol!) Thanks so much for passing the lovely blog award on to me, I’m really honored!
Hey Veronica thanks for the shout out! Your are a wonderful blogger and deserve them all! Go you!!
and yes, we like you, we really like you!
What a fun idea to give them all away at once! Thank-you for including me my friend!
You are so sweet! Thank you!!
Awww Veronica, this just made me smile so much!
I agree with Marisa…LOVE you, Veronica! :D Congrats on all the lovely awards!
I’m mentally slapping my forehead! I was trying to think of all the blogs I follow when choosing who to pass the awards on to, and I was afraid I would leave someone important out. I did. YOU! I would have given you the versatile blogger award! I’m so sorry, girl!
Thanks Veronica!! I appreciate it :D
Really love your blog! Can’t wait to try your recipes!