Less-Mess Bacon

Now you don’t need a splatter guard when you fry bacon!  Bakin’ bacon makes the process so simple, and you get perfect, nice & flat strips of bacon just like you get at a restaurant.  Plus, no flipping!

P.S. When I first started trying to think of blog names, I liked “Bakin’ & Bacon” because it indicated my blog would include both sweet and savory recipes, plus it’s cute & clever, but when I Googled it, it was already taken.  Not only that, but Bacon & Bakin’ was taken too. Guess I’m not the only one that loves that name! I also had to nix “My Kitchen Addiction,” and “My Baking Addiction.”  But I’m happy with the name I ended up with!  And I liked Recipe Rhapsody,  my former name, too. Though I can’t take credit for that one, Dennis came up with it!

Less-Mess Bacon

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil or parchment paper, then lay the bacon strips flat, making sure pieces do not overlap. Bake until crisp and browned, 15 to 18 minutes, or to desired doneness, rotating the sheets once. Transfer strips to a paper towel to drain.

Recipe source: marthastewart.com

1. All six of my kids worked at the local cafe all through junior and senior high school. Baking bacon was often the first thing they had to do on Saturdays. They’d try and make enough for the whole week and then when you ‘ordered’ bacon, it was just heated up in the microwave. It’s marvelous, and unless you actually worked in the kitchen you never knew your bacon was made ahead of time!

2. I usually only buy center cut bacon, and I tried this method, but just didn’t like it at all. The bacon came out sort of greasy, and not very crispy. IDK…maybe I did something wrong. I should try it again! Bacon…god’s gift to humanity! lol

• Just bake it longer and it will get crispier! I got my second tray pretty crisp and even burnt the ends, but they’re hiding underneath the pile b/c they weren’t as pretty. But that’s how I like mine too. CRISPY! :)

3. Your bacon looks perfect and my stomach is totally wanting some! I will have to try this very soon :)

4. That’s some fab looking bacon! It does make such a mess on the stove–why didn’t I think of baking it??? It’s funny that all those blog names were taken. I didn’t really give mine much thought, because I’m so bad at coming up with titles (even the titles of blog posts or recipe names), and I didn’t want to stress out about it. =)

5. And why am I “JennaJenna” up there?
    Hmmmm.
    Double the trouble.

6. my husband, who is American, bakes instead of frying the bacon as well. I think is a great way to do it. when I was 20 years old (just yesterday, hehe) I worked in the kitchen of a fast-food and the smell of fried bacon stayed with me for months :) never again.

7. I guess I thought that almost everyone baked their bacon. I have been doing it for years because of the mess factor, and it also comes out more flat this way :) LOl Just yesterday huh? ;)

8. I only bake my bacon…so much easier!

9. This is definitely the way to go! Your photos are great, I’m wanting to reach in my computer and gobble up that bacon!